I first met Barbara Corcoran in the late 1990’s at a relocation convention and was struck by her grasp of the real estate market. Since, I’ve enjoyed seeing her segments on the Today Show.
Recently, she was on and spoke on the 5 smart ways to sell your home in todays’ market. These 5 things certainly ring true here in the Oklahoma City real estate market.
- Time it right (this show was done right after the holidays. Barbara recommends waiting until after Super Bowl Sunday)
- Price your home wisely (10-15% below the asking price of competitive homes. In Oklahoma City, 5-10% is probably sufficient)
- Get an inspection before you list
- Offer financial incentives up-front
- Wage war online (web-appeal is the new curb-appeal – the importance of professional photography)
If You’re Going To Spend Money…
Additionally, Barbara adds that if you’re going to spend money to fix up your home to sell, spend it in the 3 key areas. Those would be the kitchen, the living room and front façade of the house.