The Village | Oklahoma City
The Village is a suburb of Oklahoma City and is in the center of northwest OKC. It is incorporated and has its own administration including police and fire. It is roughly two and a half square miles in size. The Village is frequently listed as one of the best places to live in Oklahoma. In The Village, there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Many young professionals live in The Village.
Today, The Village is a bustling community of over 6,000 residents. However, it wasn't always this way. In the early 1940s, The Village was nothing more than a small farming area. Then, in 1947, construction began on the first of what would eventually be thousands of new homes. Between 1947 and 1960, The Village saw an influx of new residents as families relocated from the city in search of a more suburban lifestyle. Today, many of these original homes are still standing, and The Village has come to be known as a great community to live in. Although some new construction and redevelopment have taken place over the years, the majority of The Village remains true to its roots. The Village contains approximately 4,500 homes. Many of the residences have been recently upgraded. It contains an eclectic mix of older and newer homes.
To sum up, The Village is a great place to live, work, and raise a family. It has a rich history and is home to a variety of businesses and organizations. If you're looking for a suburban community in a great, central location, The Village is the perfect place for you!
Check below for all Village homes for sale.
- 2 ½ Sq Mile Town surrounded by OKC
- 4500 Homes (approximately)
- Easy Access to the Lake Hefner Parkway
- Surrounded by Lots of Restaurants and Retail
Individual Residence Features
- Mostly built from 1947 to 1960s
- From 700 to Over 3,000 Sq Ft
- 2 to 4 bedroom plans
- Generally from south of Britton Rd to Hefner Rd and between Penn and Lake Hefner Parkway
- Lake Hefner Parkway
- Homeland & Uptown Grocery
- Lake Hefner Trails
- Restaurants & Shopping
- Lake Hefner Golf Course
- Oklahoma City Public Schools
- Ridgeview and Johnson Elementary
- John Marshall and Centennial Middle Schools
- John Marshall High School