Each year the NAR (National Association of Realtors) Research Division releases the Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers. The report looks at real estate on a national level. In part 1, we looked at highlights about recent buyers. Now we’ve turned our attention to Sellers:
• 46% of home sellers traded up to a larger size and higher-priced home.
• The typical seller lived in their home for nine years before selling.
• 88% of sellers were assisted by a real estate agent.
• Approximately 66% of home sellers only contacted one agent before selecting an agent to assist with their home sale.
• 93% of sellers reported that their home was listed or advertised on the Internet.
• 9% of sellers sold their homes by FSBO. Of FSBOs, 43% didn’t want to pay a commission or fee, 23% sold to a relative or friend and 15% contacted the seller directly.
• The typical FSBO home sold for $174,900 compared to $215,000 among agent-assisted homes.