As a (former) fighter pilot I just see so many things wrong here:
- Never fly and fight alone. Where’s the wingman?
- Why is the gun camera mounted backwards? Isn’t that just a poor attitude from the get-go?
- Where’s the bag of BFM (basic fighter maneuvers) tricks? There was no attempt to either go offensive or bug-out. No attempt to force an overshoot, scissors, vertical rolling scissors, ‘dance of the sugar plum fairies’.
- There’s no shame in extending out of the fight, bugging out, RTB (return to the bar). Live to fly and fight another day.
- A total loss of situational awareness by flying into the ground.
- Fear the enemy that will eat your machine…