I recently learned of a great new concept introduced in Minneapolis. It is the Minneapolis AutoMotorPlex. The concept could also be called a car condo.
This is a great idea for car enthusiasts. A place to house your car(s) and be around people with similar interests. From the ‘about us’ section of their website:
An array of features and services await you and your vehicles. Collector Car to Race Cars, Classics to Motorcycles, RV’s, Boats and even Helicopters… its where enthusiasts gather. Its called a MotorPlex because this site offers it owners a wide array of features and services.
- Garage space limits me on the number of vehicle my wife allows me to have.
- I dread having my special car used as a bicycle stand by my kids
- I dread all the wasted time waiting for routine maintenance at the mechanic shop
- I dread having to tow my race car across town to my specialist mechanic
- Heated storage is hard to find especially in floor heat
- I like hanging out with other enthusiasts like me
- I like showing off my prized positions (cars, motorcycles, boat, collection of WWII airplane parts)
- I like to have a place to hang out to watch the F1 race
- I’d like to check in on my stored vehicles without having to go there (web cam)
- Rental places don’t seem to have the kind of security that I’m expecting.
- Build a destination place that brings together people with automotive/motorsports interests. Some place that we can hang out and even conduct business meetings in the clubhouse. Some place where the mechanics come to us. Some place to have our race cars prepped for the season. A protected museum and a place that has all of the security that makes me feel at ease in storing my collection (individual units, sprinklers, in-floor heat, individual web cams, and facility security cameras).
- A place to have an annual series of car shows. An extensive library of automotive history and reference materials. A place to make it easy for people to enjoy their vehicles.
- A place that is financially efficient.